eLearning can often sound like one of those fad words in business, that will eventually be retired for something new and shiny, but luckily for us eLearning is here to stay. In its simplest form, eLearning is electronic learning, and usually means being wholly delivered and completed through the use of a computer or device.
Previously, eLearning was a groundbreaking move and was considered by many to be a little risky. Many believed that completely taking the human element out of teaching would never work for students or employees, and would be evidently much harder for people to grasp. In reality, the way eLearning has shaped the teaching space has progressed incredibly far, and taken off to be one of the main learning resources for all types of education.
Thanks to technological advances, today eLearning has become more interactive, user friendly, and has the ability to be more engaging with the learner, meaning that learning and development can be enjoyed by more people than ever before.
Let’s take a look at the main benefits of integrating eLearning within your business:
- Cost effective and saves time – reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel and removes the need for classroom based training.
- Scalable – eLearning enables us to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas and concepts, with as many or as little people needed.
- Capacity and consistency – using eLearning allows educators to achieve a greater degree of coverage for their target audience, and ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training and development.
- Higher learning retention – the blended learning approach results in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
- Activity and ROI measurement – tracking activity and being able to see progress through reporting means you can see the return on this valuable investment.
- Flexible – Using eLearning, you can give employees the freedom to learn at their own convenience and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained at remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training.
- Contribute to the paperless office – transitioning to an e-learning solution means a fully online solution significantly reducing the amount of paper we need to use. You can learn about the paperless offices in our recent blog - Paperless Office – Should We Just Archive the Idea.
Incorporating eLearning into your business will be an important step into the future of the development of your employees. Such a cost effective, scalable and consistent method of training is hard to ignore. Particularly important in the introduction of new software into the business, it can be a vital step into overcoming large change management issues.
We have found at Enzumo that the combination of both our learning management solution and team support, have been key for team members to master Xplan and integrate the software effectively and most importantly efficiently into their business. Allowing a 24/7 portal for them to access in the comfort of their own pace and style has been great for client’s to get more familiar and comfortable using the software.
Learning has evolved, and we can see it only further developing in the future into more engaging and interactive content for users.
If you are interested in learning more about how eLearning can help your team get a hold of Xplan, then contact us today at email@example.com or 1300 720 276.